Are you passionate about leadership? Does being part of the Section leadership team interest you? If you answered yes to both questions, then consider becoming a Candidate for Section Vice President, Secretary or Tournament Chair. To become a candidate, you need to be North Florida PGA Member in good standing and complete the Application Leadership. Once this is done and approved you can begin campaigning following the Election Guidelines.
Expectations of being an elected leadership?
Service will be frustrating and rewarding, frightening and fun, confusing and enlightening. It will rarely be dull. If you do the job expected of a leader, you’ll work hard and donate many hours you probably didn’t expect to give when you agreed to serve. You’ll find yourself investing much of yourself and hopefully enjoying every minute of it. Here is a summary of the time commitment you should expect as an elected leader.
- ·Section Executive Board Monthly Conference Calls (1 hour)
- ·Section Executive Board Quarterly Meetings (1/2 day)
- ·Section Leadership Planning Session (2 days in August)
- ·Committee Meetings (3 to 4 one-hour meetings)
What makes a good leader?
There are many things that make a good leader. This is not an all-encompassing list, but these are qualities all good leaders follow.
- ·Come to meetings with opinions not decisions
- ·Focus on the mission of the organization
- ·Get to know your fellow board members and staff
- ·Listen, listen, listen
- ·Learn where to go for answers
- ·Stress the positive
- ·Keep confidential information, confidential
- ·Be prepared for meetings
- ·Be willing to compromise
- ·Make decisions best for Section and not a personal agenda