Over the past six months, the Section leadership has been reviewing all governing documents. After a thorough review, the Executive Board determined it was necessary to modernize the Constitution and Bylaws to remove replications, improve clarity, address delegation of authority, provide for the use of modern technology, address missing sections, and remove sections not relevant to the primary governance document.
While it is the responsibility of the Executive Board to review and update the Constitution and Bylaws, the membership is responsible for ratifying the changes. Therefore, at the Annual Meeting on December 10, the Executive Board will put forth a motion to approve the Constitution and Bylaws as presented. Overall the changes do not philosophically change how the Section operates, but it does address issues that needed to be updated and clarified.
Because this is a revision and not a minor change the Section leadership feels the membership needs an opportunity to learn about the changes and ask questions in advance of the Annual Meeting. The Section will hold an online Bylaw Revision presentation to provide education on the proposed changes to the NFPGA Bylaws.
Bylaw Revision Presentation
- November 26 at 10:00-11:00 am
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1488672878
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):
+1 (773) 231 9226 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 148 867 2878
7 Reasons to Review Your Bylaws Now
- To ensure legal compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- To ensure legal compliance of internal governance practices.
- To ensure the presence of sound governance practices.
- To remove the presence of unsound governance practices.
- To move certain provision to separate policy documents.
- To educate the board about its responsibilities.
- To guide the board in meeting its responsibilities.