Southwestern Chapter NFPGA
This event is the Chapter’s primary fundraiser and contributes annually to local noteworthy charities and Southwestern Chapter tournament purses. Proceeds went to The Greater Sarasota Junior Golf Association, The First Tee of Sarasota Manatee, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Boys and Girls Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters and The Upside Down Foundation. In all, the Chapter has donated more than $240,000 to local charities over the past nine years. Scott Lamoureaux is the Marketing Chairman for the Chapter and will be contacting each club to discuss dates and ideas to host a Birdie-A-Thon. Please try to host an event this season, or prior to November 1, 2013 when all monies must be submitted. All Chapter Golf Professionals benefit from the success of this program and we appreciate your efforts toward this important fundraising event!
Steps for Hosting a Birdie-A-Thon
- Set a date- We prefer during season but anytime prior to November 1, 2013
- Select a format- Be creative! 50/50 raffle, 50/50 putt for cash contest, Scramble where golf professionals play together and invite members to watch, give tips and playing lesson during demonstration, etc… It does not have to be 18 holes and can be anything to encourage participation and raise as much money as possible
- Display posters prominently in golf shops and club websites- Grille Room, Locker Room or wherever the most traffic is
- Host Event on Date Advertised and Collect Pledges- Collect in cash or checks made out to Southwestern Chapter NFPGA or use member charges and get a check from your club
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is the Southwestern Chapter NFPGA trying to raise money?
To promote golf within our Chapter and to raise money for worthwhile local charities, as well as increase Chapter tournament purses.
- Where do I send the funds once collected?
Please make checks payable to SW Chapter NFPGA and mail to Tim Beckwith, The Oaks Country Club, 301 MacEwen Drive, Osprey, Florida 34229
- Is my pledge tax deductible?
No, the Southwestern Chapter is not classified as a non-profit 501C3 charitable organization although many of the monies are donated to such charities and benefit local children
If you have any questions regarding the SW Chapter NFPGA Birdie-A-Thon please contact Scott Lamoureaux at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 941-961-3002